Wednesday 6 June 2012

A Magical Awareness

Hello


Over the weekend I spent quite a lot of time getting to know the trees which surrounded the event which I  attended, the bushcraft show was at a place called Elvaston Castle Country Park in Derbyshire in the UK. The area which had been chosen to host the event was a very large round field entirely encircled by trees. 






This image shows the area rather well! The woods which surround the large field near the top of the photograph are a selection of mature trees which are almost all native, well spaced and vibrantly healthy. 


On sunday after I had spent nearly all day shut inside the van with my baby I came out into the field and noticed for the first time that it was completely surrounded by trees, it had an interesting feel to it, as if the woods were some sort of sentient audience silently watching and listening to all that was occurring in the clearing. What perhaps added to this affect was the set up of the event itself which was also a full circle of exhibitors all facing inwards. 


There was a magical tension in the air to which most people seemed oblivious, I did ask a few people if they had noticed the trees and how they felt about them but most people perhaps unsurprisingly seemed more interested in the bushcraft show! 


I spent some time investigating the woods while my baby slept on my back, the tension which I had experienced in the field was also present within the woods, there were quite a lot of visitors walking around the woods and to my surprise this did not alter the magical quality of the air. Often I have found that on visiting magical places (although I do believe the whole world to be magical) that the more people present the more dilute the magical feeling becomes, I think perhaps it has to do with how present people are in their consciousness if they are thinking of mundane things and not of the beauty which surrounds them the vibration they emit is bound to change the surroundings. 


What of it? Together with my feeling of peacefulness brought about by my continuous remembrance of the image of peace I found myself in an altered magical consciousness! The air fizzled and popped at times, the birdsong was amplified, the beauty was astounding! I don't know if my perception of the beauty was enhanced by the peaceful state I found myself in or whether the magic of the place aided my peacefulness! Either way it was a wonderfully inspiring experience......


The ancients spoke of the magical nature of this land, the presence of the fairy folk and all the magical creatures, I really feel that immersed in the thought world we switch off a part of ourselves which is sensitive to the magical nature of our world. I believe that in order to move into a really magical way of being where we fully appreciate the astonishing nature of the world it is vital to learn to use our thoughts as a tool, a resource and not a way of being. Constant thought closes off our awareness to other things. 


I choose magic in my life, I choose Joy, I choose beauty.....


Today I have Loving Gratitude for the good fortune I had to start choosing my thoughts
I have Loving Gratitude for magical experiences
I have Loving Gratitude for the love I feel for trees
I have Loving Gratitude for all the trees in the world
I have Loving Gratitude for the memories I hold of just how magical the world can be
I have Loving Gratitude for the possibility that I will have many more magical experiences
I have Loving Gratitude for birdsong in magical woods
I have Loving Gratitude for my eyes
I have Loving Gratitude for my ears
I have Loving Gratitude for unexpected adventures


love Klara.  

No comments:

Post a Comment