Tuesday 8 May 2012

Thank You For....

  Hello


Today I have been infusing myself with reminders of how fortunate I am, every time something happens which could bring me down I have been shifting my focus back onto all the absolutely marvellous things about being Klara Darling-Swann. 


One of the things which I have discovered, while learning to choose good feeling thoughts, is just how much there is to be thankful for. I remember not all that long ago thinking that I was an unfortunate person, somehow I had come under the total misunderstanding that there were better things to be in life than me, and that somehow pretty much everyone else had it better than me! 


What a strange illusion to be suffering, and it was suffering, I was desperately unhappy. The act of sitting down every day and searching my mind and my world for things which make me smile, the things for which I have Loving Gratitude, brought fully into focus for me the great wealth of beauty, love and good fortune which I have been experiencing. If you are not feeling all that great I highly recommend this practice as a way of bringing the spotlight onto the greatness in your life. 


Sometimes when I am bringing myself into a state of appreciation and gratitude I find that it helps to start small and notice all the minute things first which serve to make life juicy and sweet. I often begin by imagining my favourite tastes and smells, or I may start by bringing to mind sensations like the feel of my baby's skin against mine or the feeling of pushing my hand into a bag of rice, or perhaps the joy of diving into a perfectly still swimming pool! Next I might move onto thinking of all the people who make me smile in my life, the people I love and cherish. Sometimes I give thanks for nature, and sometimes for great works of art. 







I love these scenes from Amelie, which is one of my favourite movies of all time, to me they are such strong expressions of how much joy life can hold if we just look for it. 

There is so much to take pleasure in in life, so many sensations to enjoy! For me enjoying life is about looking for those sensations and focusing on them, that brings me great joy. 
Today has been a great day, I have focused on the things which I love doing, again I have spent much time remembering what a great time I had dancing on saturday night, and what a lovely time I had on the beach yesterday. I am looking forward to what tomorrow will bring. 



Today I have Loving Gratitude for the warm sun on my back when I am out walking
I have Loving Gratitude for the smell of the bakers as I walk by
I have Loving Gratitude for the people who blow bubbles on the high street
I have Loving Gratitude for all the hanging baskets full of flowers in our towns and cities
I have Loving Gratitude for the feel of dry sand pouring through my fingers
I have Loving Gratitude for the smell of fresh coffee
I have Loving Gratitude for the feel of mud ooozing between my toes
I have Loving Gratitude for my trampoline
I have Loving Gratitude for the sound of thunder when I am cosy in bed
I have Loving Gratitude for spider webs covered in tiny water droplets

love Klara. 


No comments:

Post a Comment