Wednesday 4 April 2012

Namaste - Live in the Soul!

Hello


This morning I rediscovered the word 'Namaste'. I had understood this word to mean "the God in me salutes the God in you", and I felt then that it was a very beautiful greeting. I decided to look it up again and found plenty of references to it, and in particular one attributed to Einstein and Gandhi, what an interesting combination! The story goes that Einstein asked Gandhi the meaning of Namaste and Gandhi sent this reply: 


"I honour the place in you where the entire Universe resides. I honour the place in you of light, love, truth, peace and wisdom. I honour the place in you where, when you are in that place, and I am in that place, there is only one of us."


Gandhi's answer expands upon what was my understanding of Namaste, and when I first read it I saw "reseeds" where it actually says "resides", this was like some sort of awakening for me. I have been trying to find my way back to 'living in the soul' for some time. What do I mean by that? For a while I really took being each moment new into my heart and moved around in my life with that orientation, and then after some time of doing so it was forgotten. I don't really know why, perhaps my attention went elsewhere for a while, maybe it was taken up by some drama. Anyhow, I was diverted away from the gem, the jewel which I had discovered for myself of living in the soul


I wrote about living in the soul in Go Naked and Dance! quite near the beginning of my blog challenge, for me it simply means being so far into the moment that the past is quite forgotten. My experience of life so far, perhaps something I have learnt from my upbringing and education is such that one should base one's decisions and life choices including the way one treats other people on experience. At first glance that does indeed seem sensible, 'once bitten twice shy' and all those wise words! Or is it? 
I, and I am sure so many other people, have gleaned an idea that if we live by experience then we will be safe! Remember all the bad things that have happened to you and then act so that they can never happen again. Of course, a sensible course of action. 


But, on second glance is it really fair to say that because something happened once that it will happen again? I am sure there are statistics and scientific research with some opinion here, but I am not interested in those, I am interested in living in the soul! 


When I approach life and other people with newness, with light and love in my heart, I find only that reflected towards me. Everybody wishes to be treated with love and lightness, whether or not that is the way they are currently or have been behaving. Love and light bring out the best in people, and if it does not in that moment, having the orientation of love and light feels wonderful to me so I am beneficiary to my own actions and way of being.


"I honour the place in you where the entire Universe resides" When I live in the soul the entire Universe of possibility is waiting to unfold. When I have no prejudice for what is unfolding in front of me I allow it to have any outcome, therefor the entire Universe resides there in each situation I encounter in my day, the divine spark of life sits waiting to unfold........


Of course I want to be safe, safe from harm and suffering, but in living my life out from experience I am safe also from all the good experiences which come about when I throw caution to the wind. I love that expression, throw caution to the wind, let it be blown far away, and be replaced by the beautiful safety of trust. Trust the divine to take care of you. Let not the preconceived ideas hold back the infinity of possibility. 


So here I am, I feel resown with the seeds of living in my soul, again I will step back into the place in myself of  light, love, truth, peace and wisdom, I will endeavor to live in the soul, and there I will meet with you. Together  there will be no separation, so I am told......


Today I am thankful for the beautiful words which remind me of who I really am
I am Thankful for unexpected visitors
I am Thankful for the guidance of angels
I am Thankful for the halo around the moon
I am Thankful for the vivid rainbow I saw this morning
I am Thankful for the freshness and the inquisitiveness of children
I am Thankful for candles to light up the dark
I am Thankful for matches to light the candles
I am Thankful for wood to make the matches
I am Thankful for Mother Earth for growing the trees


love Klara. 









No comments:

Post a Comment