Saturday 14 April 2012

More Opportunities To Allow!

Hello


I have been thinking about the art of allowing, and in particular how to continue to feel pleasant, good and joyful when apparently unharmonious thoughts arise. Sometimes things happen to me which seem to inspire thoughts that when I give attention to them simply don't feel good, in fact they feel exactly the opposite; they feel distressing, depressing, angering or some other such emotion which feels unpleasant. 


Up until this moment I have been finding these thoughts troubling, here I am doing my best to change the way I think, practising thinking GOOD FEELING THOUGHTS, practising BEING IN THE PRESENT,  and generally learning how to relax and have a good time, and all of a sudden along comes some unpleasant situation and my ire is provoked! 
Suddenly I react, unharmonious thoughts come rushing in, and before I know it I start to feel miserable. 
These thoughts have been puzzling me, what on earth should I do with them? I know that it is not desirable to suppress my thoughts and feelings, and if somebody behaves in a way which is unharmonious for me I'm afraid that so far I am not quite evolved enough to rise above it straight away, it usually takes me some time before my compassion kicks in, my practised automatice response is still a bit of a knee jerk one. 


I love me, I have no negative feelings about the way I react to unharmonious situations, I know well enough now that the thought patterns which happen in my mind are habitual; thoughts travel down well worn groves and I need not berate myself for old habits.


So what is my new revelation? It is again the art of allowing! This is a very simple art, I wrote a while ago about allowing other people to be exactly as they are in allow allow allow but it did not occur to me until today that I could grant myself the same level of compassion! Who knows why it did not occur to me? Of course it matters not! 


So what exactly do I mean? When the reactionary thoughts bubble up, I need not judge them as good or bad! When I practised this idea today, thoughts arose and I decided not to label them, I simply observed them, they floated around in my consciousness, I laughed at the idea of them being a bit like bait waiting for me to bite! I did not bite I simply watched them and tried not to judge them and then checked myself to see how I felt.


When I did not judge the thoughts I was having my feelings remained simple and harmonious, when I judged the thoughts my feelings were evoked, when I labelled thoughts as 'good' I felt 'good' and when I labelled them as 'bad' I felt 'bad'. Perhaps this seems obvious, but to me it feels freeing. 


I am super glad to have made this discovery, I no longer need to judge myself and the thoughts which my mind automatically generates, perhaps after some time when I have become proficient at non-judgemental thinking the so-called 'bad' thoughts will no longer happen, or at least they will cease to bother me at all. 


Today I have Loving Gratitude for the simple act of allowing
I have Loving Gratitude for all the seeds I have planted in my garden
I have Loving Gratitude for the sun which warms the soil so the seeds can grow
I have Loving Gratitude for the rain which provides water to nourish my seeds
I have Loving Gratitude for the beautiful strong bountiful plants which will grow from my seeds
I have Loving Gratitude for the seeds I have planted in my mind
I have Loving Gratitude for the seeds of love in the world
I have Loving Gratitude for the rains waiting to pour down on the seeds of love 
I have Loving Gratitude for the blossoms on the apple trees
I have Loving Gratitude for the fruits of love waiting to burst forth into the world


love Klara. 



No comments:

Post a Comment