Sunday 1 April 2012

Giving Thanks For All The Small Things!

Hello


It's sunday! I love sundays, the things that I love about sundays are the little things, like the sound of lawnmowers and church-bells, and the smell of cooking in the afternoon. I experience a certain kind of quiet energy on sundays which isn't present on most other days, except perhaps around three o'clock in the morning when most people are asleep. I enjoy the way most people feel at ease on a sunday I like to think that it's a good day for everyone. 


I remember many years ago hearing someone say "it's the small things in life that are important", I wondered if they meant ants, or bacteria which are both quite important! It is something I have pondered over many times, the small things, small pleasures. I love the small pleasures and I have discovered that if I look out for them they are many and frequent; my life is often a whole stream of small but beautiful happenings one after another. 


I believe noticing the small pleasures is a key to really enjoying life during quiet times, the times when there is not so much going on. So today I feel inspired to go on a
      Rampage of Appreciation for All the Small 
                                Things,
     Those things which bring me Pleasure and Joy and fill my 
                          Heart with Loving Gratitude! 


I love the Small Things! I am so full of Gratitude for all the little things which surround me making my life joyful and fun. I am so thankful for all the small gestures other people make for me, for the little things which my friends and family do that bring a smile to my face. I am so thankful for all the times somebody has made me a cup of tea without me asking, I love it when somebody comes to hug me when they see that it would help. 


I am so thankful for the times when people I have not met before carry my shopping, or open doors for me. I am so thankful for the times when people I do not know have offered help in so many ways when they saw that I was in need. 


I am thankful for salt and pepper and all the little extras that can make food so delicious. I am thankful for the foods which are so rich and tasty that I only need a little taste to be satisfied, I love olives, I love anchovies those tiny little salty fish! I am so thankful for capers! 


I have loving gratitude for all the tiny flowers in the fields and hedgerows which light up the spring and colour the summer, I love the intricacy of tiny flowers like Forget-Me-Nots, I am so grateful for the huge shows of blossom, I love those tiny petals which make up the stunning displays and l love the way they rain down like confetti when the blossoming is over.  


I love the feel of sand beneath my feet, I love the tinkling sound of a small brook, I am so thankful for the sensation of mud oozing up between my toes. I am so thankful for the feeling of the breeze on my cheeks. I give thanks for the soft rainfall when I am tired. 


I have such loving gratitude for all the wonderful walks in the woods which I have, I love to stand at the feet of a magnificent Oak or Ash and breath in it's earthy scent. I love to press my face against soft green moss. I give thanks for all the trees people plant in towns and cities, I love the huge colourful displays of flowers in hanging baskets which appear as if by magic every spring and summer in the towns of England. 


I have loving gratitude for the benches which people put in beautiful places, I love to think of all the people who have sat in quiet contemplation there, or the lovers who have held hands and looked together at the view. I am so thankful when I find a place in the woods where somebody has hung a rope swing, I love to swing high up in the trees and think of all the people and the rush of excitement we have all felt as we fly up on the swing. 


 There are so many beautiful things which happen everyday, too many to mention. Since I began my thought choosing mission I have woken up to the small things in life which really make me smile. I love to give thanks, It feels wonderful! I love to have Gratitude and Appreciation in my heart. The World really is such a beautiful place, I am so glad to be able to enjoy it! 


love Klara. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment