Friday 30 March 2012

Pause for Inspiration!

Hello


It's not quite nine am and here I am already writing my blog, yippeeeee! I have really noticed the difference in how inspired I am in the morning compared to at night, I don't know what the factors are, I expect most people would guess tiredness in the evening, but I'm not so sure.


Anyhow it's definitely the morning now, and here I am waiting for inspiration! What is the recipe for inspiration? How and where does it come from? What I do know for sure is that when I am in my heart, and in the present moment the inspiration arrives much more quickly. The discovery of that was one of the motivating factors for my devotion and determination on my thought choosing mission


I am a writer of stories and songs, and I am usually most prolific in the autumn and winter, I am not sure of the reason for this, but there is a particular mode which I associate with inspired thought. It goes a little something like this: 


I am alone, I am in a quiet space, it is either somewhere very natural like a woodland or a field or it is somewhere like my bedroom in a very tidy space. Where there is 'mess' I find it hard to create as my mind becomes activated in a more everyday kind of way. So, I may have an idea to work with, a starting point like a seed, or I may have no thought of where I am going, just a desire to create. With my seed, or creation desire, I simply sit and wait patiently. Sometimes I wait for days! Sometimes hours, but usually minutes. It's not a thoughtful kind of waiting, like when waiting for a bus ('where is it? who is that interesting person next to me in the queue etc'), no it is more like a pause. The world seems to stand still with baited breath, almost as if the Universe is excited to see what will pour from my consciousness. 


Then it comes: Inspiration, sometimes like a trickle and sometimes a flood, but with ease. Sometimes it feels like having warm air rush over me, and others it is like a rush of icy wind, my excitement mounts as I move with the story or the music, sometimes I allow it to simply go where it will and others I will direct it and mould it with my own thoughts. 


Inspiration comes to me when I allow it, it takes for me to be still and quiet inside. This is my way and I expect there are a myriad of other ways which suit other people. 


I Love to live an inspired life, I love to write and compose, and learning to still my mind seems to me to be the number one way of doing so. 
When I allow my mind to generate thoughts unchecked it becomes like a din, through which no inspiration can come. I do not claim inspiration as mine, I do not claim the words and music which I write as a product of my 'mind', it feels to me more that they come from somewhere else, for my enjoyment (and hopefully the enjoyment of others). I imagine it comes from the collective consciousness, or Spirit, the Divine Oneness, All That Is. 


I feel very fortunate to experience this particular blessing in my life, I do believe that inspiration is there for everyone to use as they please. It seems like a very clear and good reason to SHEPHERD THE THOUGHTS IN MY HEAD, to be vigilant and pounce like a tiger on any trains of thought which could lead my mind into the spaghetti junctions of unnecessary thought. 


I feel so joyful to be making such wonderful progress at learning to be happy with my life exactly the way it is. I have so much to be thankful for, guiding my thoughts is allowing me to really see the blessings which I have. Over the years the clamouring of thoughts in my head, before I started to shepherd my thoughts, had prevented me from really seeing how blessed I am. It feels wonderful to be enjoying my life on a day to day basis, being in the moment, not in the mind, is really where it's at for me!


Today I have Loving Gratitude for the inspiration which comes when I am quiet inside
 I have Loving Gratitude for the beauty of the world which feeds my soul
 I have Loving Gratitude for the quiet times in my home when I can create
 I have Loving Gratitude for the gentle sounds of the morning
 I have Loving Gratitude for the sound of the waves in big shells
 I have Loving Gratitude for the feel of a smooth pebble in my hand
 I have Loving Gratitude for the feel of sand between my toes
 I have Loving Gratitude for the times when I have submerged my whole body in cold  water and jumped back out breathing the rush of warm air into my lungs
 I have Loving Gratitude for the sound of the world as it waits for inspiration
 I have Loving Gratitude for all the stories and songs I have written so far

love Klara. 

No comments:

Post a Comment