Tuesday 13 March 2012

Imagine Yourself Into Being!

Hello


What an absolute joy it is to hold a baby while she sleeps! 


Today the mist is not just hanging in the trees on the moors, it is right outside my window! So thick is the cloud that I really can't see very far at all. I have always delighted in thick fog and mist, I like to imagine that I could really be absolutely anywhere in the whole Universe, perhaps on a tiny planet drifting through space, or just like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz when her house is blown away by the tornado and it flies off whirling around! 
There could be absolutely anything on the other side of the fog! Another world perhaps or maybe a whole herd of ornate elephants meandering along on their way to wallow in the mud.....


Yes! Days like this for me are about connecting to my greatest imagination, my storyteller, the part of me that loves to dream of the outlandish, the intriguing and the bizzarre. 


We are so blessed with such incredible imaginations as human beings, and it is so easy to forget the what an astonishing power it is. Using my imagination I can transport myself to the mountains of a far away land, clothed in rich emerald green I travel by night in the light of the velvety moon. Silent as a mouse I slip unnoticed through the deepest night-time forest, the carpet of succulent moss caressing my bare feet as I move swiftly through the dense undergrowth; I pass effortlessly onto the mountain clearing to dance feverishly in the moonlight with only the starry firmament as my companion and the witness to my wild gratitude dance of Joy! 


I feel a very deep connection to my inner storyteller, and what I have noticed since I have been actively working to CHOOSE GOOD FEELING THOUGHTS is just how beautiful the imagination can be! My imagination is a powerful tool, and now with a little effort I am able to use it as a tool for my own enjoyment. When I have nothing else to do than sit with my sleeping baby I am able to occupy my mind with beautiful scenes, I can transport myself to the woods or the mountains, to a paradise like beach or to the shore of a wild and stormy sea! 


Now that I know how to use my imagination properly, and by that I mean that I do not allow it free reign of the resource library that I call my mind (which stores everything I have ever encountered both harmonious and unharmonious), now that I am better able to direct my thoughts, I can guide myself into a vision centred heart feeling of absolute gratitude and bliss. 


All through my past I experimented with allowing my imagination to take me wherever it would, I have experienced the morbid imagination to its fullest extent! I have no need to ever go to the dark places again. It is enough for me that sad events may happen in my life and that in those times I may experience sad feelings. I have no need to conjure them up for myself when all around me is harmonious. 


If all around me is as it usually is, and when I am centred I recognise my usual world as absolutely blessed, then if I need more to feel wonderful about I can simply vision it, imagine it and experience the associated feelings. 


Ok, perhaps for some people this is not what life is about, but for me it is Beautiful. If I cannot travel on foot to beautiful places then I can travel in my mind. For me the resultant feelings are the same. 


I am here having a physical life to experience joy and love! I am going to make the most of it. Again I find myself saying those wonderful words said by His Holiness the XIV Dalai Lama:
"I am alive, I have a precious human life. I am not going to waste it."


Today I have Loving Gratitude for the peace on my sleeping baby's face
I have Loving Gratitude for the sound of birds flying overhead
I have Loving Gratitude for the human imagination
I have Loving Gratitude for the softness of my babys new hair
I have Loving Gratitude for the unconditional love of others
I have Loving Gratitude for the forgiving spirit
I have Loving Gratitude for speaking out
I have Loving Gratitude for those tiny little ball seeds on fir trees which I enjoyed throwing handfuls of at my brother and sister when I was a child
I have Loving Gratitude for the joy of discovering a new type of shiny beetle when I am out in the woods
I have Loving Gratitude for lacewing bugs



love Klara. 





No comments:

Post a Comment