Monday 13 February 2012

How to Shift A Bad Mood!

Hello


Today I feel a bit stuck, my thoughts are being troublesome to me, I suppose broadly I am feeling like my life is not very enjoyable at the moment and that I would just like to sulk about that. I have resistance to what I know I must do in order to change the way I feel today! 


             I need to focus on Good Feeling 
                       Thoughts! 


I believe it is not really necessary to examine the thoughts I am currently producing, Why? Because I felt perfectly happy yesterday and there have been no external changes in the way my life is. The only thing that has changed is the way I am viewing my current reality. 


There are several things I can do now to shift my mode and therefore bring my mind into a place where I feel happy and can enjoy the rest of my day: 


Number 1. Mini Rampage of Appreciation 


I love my musical instruments, I am so grateful to have so many, it feels wonderful to just look at my guitar and know that I can pick it up and strum the strings and I will hear beautiful sounds. I love my guitar, I love it's smooth whiteness, I love it's tone, I love it's resilience and how it survived six weeks in the Outback underneath my car in the heat of the day, I love how it brought me so much company when I was alone out there. I give huge thanks for my guitar. 






I give thanks for my fiddles, my beautiful fiddles patiently waiting for me to pick them up and play again, I love the way they smell, I love the way they feel in my hands. I give great thanks for my lovely fiddles sitting silently in their cases. I have great gratitude for the way they fit snug against my neck and my whole head resonates when I play.






I give thanks for my piano, I love my piano, I love the contrast between the white keys and the black. I have huge gratitude for the way my piano fills the room and the whole house with sound when I play it. I love it's smoothness and the colour of it's delicate wood. 






Yes I love my musical instruments, I can't wait to have more time to play them, I sat in front of a friends piano the other day and just played a couple of scales with my baby on my lap and it felt lovely, I love the piano, it's just like a lovely old friend.........


Number 2: Think up some things I would love to experience.


I would love to spend a day at Bath Spa, spend time in the sauna relaxing in the steam, I would love to swim in the roof top pool especially at night watching the stars through the steam rising from the pool. I would love to glide around the indoor pool simply relaxing.....



I would love to spend the day at one of my favourite sea sides, perhaps at Dirdle Door in the summer, I would swim in the sea with a mask and watch the fish darting about in the kelp beds, I would sit on the beach trying to dig holes in the big and small pebbles, I would look up at the cliffs at the different layers of rock and think on the great age of the earth.....


I would love to grow lots of fantastic vegetables in my garden, I would love to go out in the summer and eat fresh peas from the stalks and eat baby broad beans straight out of their little velvety sleeping bag pods. I love the beautiful orangey-yellow flowers of the courgette plant. I love eating chive flowers and nasturtium flowers too......


I would love to do some more artwork, I love squeezing paint onto my palette, I love experimenting with my paints and I especially love painting on my walls. I would love to finish the painting I started when I was pregnant, I look forward to the day it is done and I can stand back and then start thinking what would I love to paint next?


Number 3: Write or say out loud a Loving Gratitude list


Today I have Loving Thankfulness for all the colourful birds which add flashes of bright beauty to my walks in the countryside
I have Loving Thankfulness for ants and the way they march about in lines in my garden
I have Loving Thankfulness for Forget-Me-Nots
I have Loving Thankfulness for fields of Dandelions like a reflection of the sun on the Earth
I have Loving Thankfulness for the mists when they hang like smoke below the Tor and being at the top feels like being on an Island in the middle of a huge grey sea
I have Loving Thankfulness for the day my fiddle strings were played by the wind on the beach and it sounded like the music of the queen of the fairies
I have Loving Thankfulness for the feeling of swimming in a deep cold river and not knowing where the bottom is
I have Loving Thankfulness for the daring and bravery that helps and inspires me to do exciting things which also scare me
I have Loving Thankfulness for the joy of seeing rainbows crossing the skies in conjunction with something exciting or poignant
I have Loving Thankfulness for the way that giving thanks makes me feel


I am not stuck any more, I can see that my life is full of happiness, love and fun. Again my life has not changed in any way, I have just altered the way I am thinking and my focus. It is amazing how what we choose to focus on shapes the way we think and feel. 
Today it wasn't so easy, I had a lot of resistance, I had to work at shifting my focus, but it was worth it. 


CHOOSING GOOD FEELING THOUGHTS MAKES LIFE FUN, JUICY AND EXCITING    
                   AND IT IS WELL WORTH THE EFFORT REQUIRED!!


love Klara. 

No comments:

Post a Comment