Thursday 5 January 2012

A Rampage of Appreciation on Being Human

Hello

I'm very excited today as its day seven, my one week anniversary!!!! It feels like a real achievement to me to have managed to find the time to write a blog for one day let alone seven, its not just a small success but a BIG one!

So to celebrate my anniversary I have decided to go on a Rampage of Appreciation. What is a rampage of appreciation? In my mind it is an intensive focussing on anything and everything in the world around me that I appreciate, that which I am thankful for, that which I LOVE, and that which makes me thankful for my precious human life.
So here goes.....


Today I wish to focus on the astonishing thing I call my body, I am in awe at my human form, I am in love with the fluidity with which I move, I am so thankful for my ability to walk, run, skip, hop, jump, dance, swim and roll.


I give thanks for my fantastic legs that carry me through the beautiful world, I love my feet which feel the earth beneath them, I love my toes which keep me balanced and upright, I love my knees which give animation to my legs and l love the way they look and feel too. I give thanks for the softness of my skin, for the tiny hairs which trap the heat and help me sense the intricacies of the world around me. I love my pores which allow my body to cool when my environment is hot. I love my great strong bones which hold my beautiful form, I give thanks for the tendons and muscles and cartilage and the nerves and arteries and the incredible magic which occurs sending messages from my brain around my body so that it does exactly what I want it to without complaining.


I am thankful for my tastebuds, I love those tiny things which give me so much pleasure when I place things in my mouth, I love their tiny versatility which give me such a variety of sensations depending on what I choose to taste. I am thankful for my teeth, we actually get two whole sets! and I love the mystery which brings wisdom teeth to some people but so far only one for me. I am so thankful to my stomach for continuing to digest everything I eat, even when I eat more than is good for me, I am thankful for all my organs my liver, my kidneys, my gall bladder, my pancreas and all the other organs I have no names for which process and clean and organise my body.


I give thanks for my heart, for the endless pumping round my body of my beautiful red blood, I love my lungs which breathe air for me, channeling oxygen into my bloodstream, I love my bloodstream, all my capillaries and arteries and veins, what an awesome body I have which does all of this without me even having to think about it!


I love my arms and I am passionate about my hands, such beautiful structures with opposable thumbs! I am thankful for their versatility, I give thanks for their power and gentleness all guided by my impulses. I love my hands which can learn memory and play tunes on my fiddle without me needing to even think about it, they just know what to do! I love my hands with which I can demonstrate my love through cuddles and caresses.


I am so thankful for my eyes for showing the beauty and perfection of the world that I live in, and I give thanks for the magicians who make glasses perfect for me so that I can look at my fingerprints and see the freckles on my daughters lovely face. I love my eyes! I am thankful for the earthy wolfishness of my eyes every time I look in the mirror.


I give thanks for my ears, for those amazing structures that catch waves of sound and make sense of them somehow, so that I can sing and play music and enjoy the sounds of my world. I love my ears that bring to me the lowest rumble of thunder and the highest prettiest birdsong and everything in between.


I am eternally thankful for my brain, for that miraculous organ which orchestrates everything which happens in my body. I love my astounding brain where my thoughts are made, where the symphony which is my life is written and re-written Ad Infinitum and all to suit me!  



The greatest effect of this rampage is that I now feel divine, spectacular and even more than that, completely in awe of the undeniably sensational creation that is a human being. I probably have not even touched on half of the amazing abilities of the human body, our versatility is profound, our capability is stunning, and in just looking at my body from a layman point of view I have found so much to enjoy, to love and be thankful for and I haven't even begun to look at the world around me. We really are awesome in its truest sense. 


Every morning when I wake up I read this quote by the Dalai Lama XIV:


"Every day, think as you wake up, today I am fortunate to be alive,
 I have a precious human life, I am not going to waste it. 


 I am going to use all my energies to develop myself, to expand my heart out to others; 
 to achieve enlightenment for the benefit of all beings.

 I am going to have kind thoughts towards others, 
 I am not going to get angry or think badly about others. 
 I am going to benefit others as much as I can."


Im going to do my best today.


love Klara. 

No comments:

Post a Comment